Saturday 2 February 2013

Homemade Laundry Soap






I made LAUNDRY SOAP! for the first time. I found the recipe on Keeper of the Home.

All you will need:

Borax (stain removal and whitening)
Homemade Laundry Soap
Washing soda (odor removal)
Soap bar (degreasing)

*Grate your bar of soap*    I used Sunlight, as it was the only one I could find in the laundry section. I read that you can use any bar of soap that you want. I found the pieces were a little big, (pic on right) so in my next batch I smushed the grated pieces in my fingers. They are pretty brittle so they just broke apart.
*Mix in 1 cup of Borax*  Gently, you don't want a cloud of Borax in your throat.
*Mix in 1 cup of Washing Soda* Gently, you don't want a cloud of Borax and Soda in your throat.

Washing Soda, Borax, Soap
That is it. Mix all together and put in a container. I was so excited about making my own laundry soap, that I went out and bought new container. 

I put the list of ingredients (in permanent marker) under the cover, so I would not have to find the recipe again. I also put 1-2 tbsp on the top of the cover so I would know (or other family members) how much to put in.



2 comments:

  1. I have done about 10 load of laundry so far, and I love it. Seriously love it. I have done colors/whites/sheets/black/dark colors/towels. I have also used vinegar in the rinse cycle and static cling is not a problem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews